Animalife Vetrogut Acid Fix is a unique, highly efficient equine buffer made from calcareous marine algae. Its honeycomb structure breaks down slowly in the horse to stabilise pH and, as a result, improves the performance and health of your horse.
How does it work?
Harvested from red algae (Lithothamnion) from the sea off the coast of Iceland, Lithothamnion has a honeycomb structure that provides a large surface area of (>10m2) per gram and a slow release of bio-available minerals, calcium, magnesium and silicon.
Research shows this has significant buffering action for 4-6 hours under simulated in-vitro stomach digestion conditions and also stimulated in vitro hindgut fermentation activities. (Moore-Colyer, M. et al. (2014). Journal of Equine Veterinary Science. 34(3):391–397)
What are the key benefits?
- Creates the perfect pH for your horse to maintain gut balance and health
- Reduced risk of acidosis and stomach ulceration
- Increased fibre digestion
- Reduced risk of laminitis and bloating
- Improved dropping consistency
- Breaks down slowly – conditioning your horse and neutralising significantly more acid, over a longer period