Why is it unique?
Most other gut balancer are essentially a blend of pro-biotics (live yeast) & pre-biotics (FOS). Vetrogut Balancer Pro is classed as a postbiotic. Essentially the prebiotics provide the fuel for the good bacteria in the gut, the probiotics (in this case yeast) populate the gut to promote digestion and postbiotics are the metabolites produced by the yeast &/or bacteria during fermentation. The efficacy of the fermentation in the gut can vary depending on the health & stress status of the horse. By feeding the Vetrogut Balancer Pro you are feeding the metabolites directly to the horse and not waiting for the fermentation to take place in the gut of the horse making it much more effective.
How Does it Work?
The unique metabolites in Vetrogut Balancer Pro support robust digestive health by
balancing the immune system and gut microbiota while optimising gut morphology. The prebiotic activity of Vetrogut Balancer Pro helps promote a healthy balance of bacteria in the lower hindgut gastrointestinal tract. At the same time, the product’s antioxidant activity improves immune function.
What are the key benefits?
Vetrogut Balancer Pro acts like a multivitamin for your horse providing all over vitality and health. Published animal and in-vitro research show Vetrogut Balancer Pro supports:
- Gut health – helps support intestinal tissue and the beneficial bacteria
- Inflammation – helps reduce systemic inflammation
- Immune function – reinforces the first and second lines of active defence
- Improved key performance markers beneficial for training and performance
- Proven to enhance nutrient digestibility
Vetrogut Balancer Pro is proven by science to help your horse before, during and after exercise:
- Increase free fatty acid (FFA) levels
- Improved blood glucose levels
- Greater blood hemoglobin levels
- Increased packed cell volume
- Lower lactate levels